You need a PRO

If you create music, you need a performing rights organization.  In the United States, the two PRO’s are ASCAP and BMI. A performance rights organization (PRO), also known as a performing rights society, provides intermediary functions, particularly collection of royalties, between copyright holders and parties who wish to use copyrighted works publicly in locations such …

You’re not Taylor Swift

I’ve spent something like 30 years in and around the music business now. I love it more today than I did when I started. There is so much happening. Technology is simultaneously creating both opportunities and havoc. But it’s always been like that, maybe just not ever as dramatic, but it’s been like that as …

Social media & sharing icons powered by UltimatelySocial
Visit Us